Lucy........she is one of those characters I don't quite dislike but I don't quite like. I have to confess I did like her when I first saw the movie. But the second time she struck me quite differently. She is seems very greedy and very selfish. But she is very sweet when you first meet in the movie. She seems like she quite worships Elinor. So I think that she has a good side and a bad side. Her personality allows her to seem quite charming and sweet but she also has a side of jealousy and selfishness. She tells Elinor about her engagement to Edward Farras (is that his last name?) and expects her to keep the secret seeming blind to the fact that Elinor seems uncomfortable about the news. Like I said shes just one of those characters I have mixed feelings for. What is your opinion of her character?
Currently I'm feeling, satisfied







5 comments:
I LOVE the Jane Austin movies! Which one is y'alls favorite?
Hey there Abigail and Lydia!
Thanks for visiting my blog (=
Feel free to follow me!
This is a really cute blog! I love the Jane Austen books and movies. =D
Sara, My favorite is the Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth version of Pride and Prejudice made in 90's. Then My second favorite would be the Emma Thompson version of Sense and Sensibility.
Sydney, I will follow your blog. Thanks!:) I'm glad you like mine!
Abigail~
I think it's Edward Ferrars. I agree about Lucy. Overall, I think she's basically a selfish character.
I have always agreed with you- until the last time I watched Sense and Sensibility, the 2008 version, and read the book. When you read the book, you realize that Lucy does all that kindness and lovliness to Elinor to rub in about her and Edward, and to keep Elinor away or jealous. THis is not opinion, its fact. :) Read the book and you'll see.
Blessings!
katherine
Post a Comment