Saturday, January 10, 2009

Emma

I have never read or watched a version of this but I recieved a copy of it for Christmas and I hope to read it in the next few monthes. Have you read it or seen a version of it? I did a Jane Austen character quiz a few monthes ago and I was Emma Woodhouse. Most of the time when I find the link of it on a blog the persons usually Elizabeth Bennett or Marianne Dashwood. I think that I'm probably in some ways like her because when I'm down I tend to brood over my sad state of mind like poor Emma does when her governess marries. I can't say she's my favorite chracter so far but I think that in time I will grow to like her. My favorite chracters are definatly Lizzy and Marianne but she seems likable to I may add her to my list!:P
Abigail

3 comments:

Julia said...

Hi Abigail!

Thankyou for commenting on my blog! I'd love it if you followed me!

You might want your mom to look at this site first. Some of the Jane Austen pictures had inappropriate words to describe them. I didn't use those!
The ones I liked I right-clicked on and saved them to a file in My Pictures.

Here's the address: (Copy and paste it into your browser to go there)

http://www.livejournal.com/moodlist.bml?moodtheme=524227&ownerid=2707070

There you go!

Blessings!
Julia

Eliza said...

I have seen the movie, it is very good, and very funny! Emma finds herself stuck in all that she has done! :)

Liza

Anonymous said...

I recommend the BBC version of the movie over the Gwineth Paltrow one, although they are both excellent. I have read the book, and I must say it is my favorite of the Jane Austen novels. The character of Emma is so funny, and she gets herself into so many problems. Unfortunately, I think I am too much like her sometimes.

- Faith

P.S. I really like your blog! I am a Jane Austen lover myself - don't stop writing!!!